Visa and Letter of Invitation
A Letter of Invitation can be issued to participants who have registered and paid for the EHPS 2017 conference. To request a Letter of Invitation, please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Passport number
- Current postal mailing address
- Your affiliation (incl. postal address)
- If you have a paper accepted to the conference, please state the title of the paper
Letters of Invitation will be issued via email in PDF format.
Airport Shuttle Bus
As an EHPS participant you will have a dedicated service, with English speaking drivers and small snack at your arrival.
When you make the reservation, insert the word “ehps2017” in the note field.
The transfer is made with the latest Mercedes Sprinter 8 seater model. Drivers are qualified in accordance with the legislation in force, and are available for any request in relation to your journey.
The AirService Shuttle Bus offers collective transport to Padua and to all city of the Veneto from the following airports:
- Venice Airport – Marco Polo (VCE)
- Treviso Airport – Antonio Canova (TSF)
- Bologna Airport – Guglielmo Marconi (BLQ)
- Verona Airport – Valerio Catullo (VRN)
- Bergamo Airport – Orio al Serio (BGY)
- *Milan – Malpensa (MXP)
- *Milan – Linate (LIN)
Traveling to Padova
Padova is in the North East of Italy between several of the most famous cities in Italy, all UNESCO world heritage sites. It is situated about 30 km southwest of Venice, about 30 km east of Vicenza, the city of Palladio, and about 80 km east of Verona, the city of Romeo and Juliet and the open air opera festival in the Roman Arena. About 80 km south of Padova lies Ferrara, famous for its medieval castle, about 120 km south Bologna with the oldest university in the Western World and about 250 km south the famous city of Florence. All these cities can easily be reached from Padova by train.
- VENEZIA “MARCO POLO” airport is the nearest one to Padua. From the airport, travel to Padova (49 km) by:
Bus: You can reach Padua city centre by FSBusitalia bus.
- VERONA “VALERIO CATULLO” airport. From the airport, travel to Padova (86 km) by train. The airport is linked to the train station by Aerobus until 11 pm.
- TREVISO “ANTONIO CANOVA” airport. This airport serves low-cost airlines. Travel to Padova (62 km) by La Marca coach until 8.30 pm or by train. The airport is linked to the train station by ACTT bus no. 6.
- BOLOGNA “GUGLIELMO MARCONI” airport. From the airport, travel to Padova (120 km) by train. The airport is linked to the train station (6 km) by Aerobus.
Padova train station is a 15-minute walk from the old city centre; there are train services to Venice, Trieste, Verona, Milan, Bologna, Florence and Rome. For timetables and information please click here.
From Padova train station to the Venue:
- By taxi: max. 5 minutes, tel:049651333
- By bus or tram (APS): departures every 10 minutes, bus no. 18 for the venue. Departures every 5 minutes, bus no. 8, 10, 12, 18 and the tramway for the city centre
- On foot: the venue is only 10 minutes far
- A4 Torino – Trieste. Exit at Padova Ovest and Padova Est
- A13 Bologna – Padova. Exits at Padova Sud and Padova Zona Industriale
ATTENTION: in Padua city centre there is a ZTL zone, an area in which car traffic is restricted. From 8am to 8pm no car traffic can enter the central streets, unless the car has a special permit allowing it. See more details here (in Italian only) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.